Talking Pros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stawell 2025
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm by Woodchopper

» Stawell Results
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm by Thatsthestats

» VALE Keith Douglas
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 4:44 pm by Todd Ireland

» 2024 Mens Stawell Gift
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm by Foxcatcher

» Stawell Betting
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:50 pm by Z Score

» 2024 Ringwood Womens 400m Gift
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 pm by Deflash

» Should have gone to Specsavers
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm by Z Score

» Tips in other distances
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm by Passionate Pete

» 2024 Stawell Womens Gift
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm by SlowJoe

» Stawell provisional handicaps
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm by Kicker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD

+8
Z Score
Runforit
Sweeney
StevieBee
Soon to retire
donatello
George Dubya
timrosen35
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 3 Empty Re: FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD

Post by SA Whisperer Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:09 pm

Do you want to race against kiddies or
Do you want to run against Olympians.
All roads lead to Burnie.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:37 pm

Wonder who the saal is going to send over to Stawell and prop up to represent them.
Bet the Tassie connection are there.
Like you say Whisperer , all roads lead to Burnie.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieBee Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:10 am

Top Sport wrote:Is it any wonder there are problems. I mentioned how a significant factor in the numbers falling is due to the handicap system failure.
This was met by a barrage of denial consisting of Colin, Trewartha, Trewartha's partner, Poole and Turner, specifically and aggressively from Colin. No they all said, numbers are up. Well the juniors and over 35's no doubt make up the shortfall but the barometer of the Bay Sheffield is the 120 Men's and the 120 Womens.
The mens 120 Bay Sheffield has 6 heats with 37 competitors this season, in 2020 it had 7 heats with 41 competing, back in 2014 there were 11 heats with 68 competitors.
They have their heads in the sand or perhaps they have stuck them somewhere else?

When the leader has been accused of bullying what do you expect?
Deflection doesn't fix or make the problem go away

Now Colins has been around footy for a long time.
Surely even he knows, no one is concerned about the 3rd and 2nds games. Sure there okay to watch but I'm not going to go out of my way to watch the support games when I can watch quality in the 1st.

Even more bluntly. You don't go to watch the Formula fords. You go to watch the F1s. Don't fudge the number big boy! If you believe that numbers are up then I hope you put out a carrot for the easier bunny too.

Numbers are down. If you are that stupid to believe they are up. SAAL Committee and Colin have just nailed shut the coffin..

StevieBee

Z Score and What the !! like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:52 pm

Hi TS , you are saying $40,000 comes from the Holdfast By council, Belinda says she was instrumental in getting more than $20,000 of grants from different councils.Thats $60,000  plus in Grants.
What the hell is the granted money being used on.Surely not prizemoney.
I think if I was a rate payer in any of the Councils I would want to be knowing where its going.
What rate payers are benefitting of the Glenelg Gift being on Glenelg oval , certainly not the Jetty rd tennants.
I always thought that if you got gifted the oval and ammenities to use for the day from the Council that should be enough, the rate payers have already helped pay for those  without digging in their pockets for more.
Perhaps the Golden girl of the office needs to do a lot more than take a pretty picture.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:46 pm

Z Score wrote:Hi TS , you are saying $40,000 comes from the Holdfast By council, Belinda says she was instrumental in getting more than $20,000 of grants from different councils.Thats $60,000  plus in Grants.
What the hell is the granted money being used on.Surely not prizemoney.
I think if I was a rate payer in any of the Councils I would want to be knowing where its going.
What rate payers are benefitting of the Glenelg Gift being on Glenelg oval , certainly not the Jetty rd tennants.
I always thought that if you got gifted the oval and ammenities to use for the day from the Council that should be enough, the rate payers have already helped pay for those  without digging in their pockets for more.
Perhaps the Golden girl of the office needs to do a lot more than take a pretty picture.

Getting sponsorship dollars is no easy task, there is no current Event Manager employed to work on this so it does fall onto those currently involved. I have no doubt had Belinda Howden been treated as one would expect more would have been done to help fill the sponsorship void. The void is quite significant!

It was 48K from the council the previous season. But you do have to wonder what could possibly be required that in total costs 48K? Especially given the previous 2 years its been at Glenelg Oval. The Holdfast City Council punches well above their weight on funding this event. It will drop further over the next 2 years, so this magic fix of council grants wont be as magical moving forward.

Make no mistake if you vote Colin back in at the AGM, the Bay Sheffield will be at Glenelg Oval and quite possibly not for just 1 more year!
Under current arrangements it would appear there will be shortfalls in sponsorships, reduced sponsorship from Coopers and EOFY losses. It appears the current expectation is a 7K loss this financial year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:12 pm

The 2007 Bay Sheffield was recognised by the Australian Athletics Confederation as the Australian athletics meet of the year.
Wonder if the last couple were in the running, lol!

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Fri May 06, 2022 11:12 pm

Gossips has just been on the dog and bone with a bit of info about the Presentation night being held at the home of the Glenelg Gift.Funny That.
He said the apples wont be falling far away from the tree tomorrow night.Camden looking good for an award and Hastings an award or two but Gossips wouldnt give up any more than that.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Wed May 11, 2022 12:37 pm

BAY SHEFFIELD
A decision on where the 2022 Bay Sheffield Carnival is to be held will be made at the next Management Committee meeting on May 29.
I am being told that Sherlock is getting very sweaty palms and after coming out and posting that a decision on where the 2022 Bay Sheffield Carnival is to be held will be made on 29th May, he may have to backtrack.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Wed May 11, 2022 8:53 pm

I dare Sherlock to lock in the venue on the 29 th as he has said he will and then go on to the AGM with that decision..
The truth always comes out , it may not be today, it may not be tomorrow , it may not be the day after that, but the truth will eventually come out.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Fri May 13, 2022 9:05 pm

Z Score wrote:BAY SHEFFIELD
A decision on where the 2022 Bay Sheffield Carnival is to be held will be made at the next Management Committee meeting on May 29.
I am being told that Sherlock is getting very sweaty palms and after coming out and posting that a decision on where the 2022 Bay Sheffield Carnival is to be held will be made on 29th May, he may have to backtrack.
NEXT MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING
Due to the availability of committee members, the next Management Committee meeting will now be held on Sunday June 5. Details on the Annual General Meeting and the 2022 Bay Sheffield Carnival will be included in the next SAAL Update which will be sent out soon after this meeting.
Like I said Sherlock is backtracking very quick, dont forget he posted decision to be made on Bay Sheffield on 29th May , this has already changed.
The truth always comes out , it may not be today, it may not be tomorrow , it may not be the day after that, but the truth will eventually come out.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Sat May 14, 2022 10:58 am

So the next management committee meeting is being held 2 weeks before the AGM and it is at this management committee meeting that Sherlock has announced that the decision as to where the 2022 Bay Sheff carnival will be held.
Two weeks away from maybe not being president he makes the call on the 2022 Bay sheff.
What a plucka ducka.
I suggest the decision wont be made and like you zscore I think he will be going backwards quicker than Michael Jackon used to do the moonwalk.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Mon May 23, 2022 1:45 pm

Heard a funny story on the weekend at an election party I was at.
I heard that the Bay Sheffield breakfast was held at Glenelg oval where the Bay Sheffield was being held that day but Sherlock got some athletes to jump in the car and drive down to Colley reserve for promo photos by the pavers.
Will that happen every year or will they shift the pavers:lol!:

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2022 6:32 pm

There is absolutely zero excuse to hold the Bay Sheffield at Glenelg Oval with the Christmas Pageant set to return to the streets of Adelaide. If its okay to have more than 100,000 people line the streets in the city then there is no reason what so ever to not hold the Bay Sheffield at Colley Reserve where it should be.
Vote Colin out at the AGM and vote for those set to nominate that will sort the mess out that Colin refuses to accept and mend.

How is it the President has had 2 years to find a way to have the SAAL insured and yet still leaves it vulnerable? The SAAL is uninsured!

Not good enough Colin, vote him out members!

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Tue May 24, 2022 3:49 pm

I am hearing that Sherlock could be using his position to satisfy voters for support.
Is that Nepotism.
I heard that a person on the management committe is regularly given Goal umpire duties almost within walking distance of home each week while other umpires are given water bottle trips.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2022 4:24 pm

Z Score wrote:I am hearing that Sherlock could be using his position to satisfy voters for support.
Is that Nepotism.
I heard that a person on the management committe is regularly given Goal umpire duties almost within walking distance of home each week while other umpires are given water bottle trips.

Speaking to this person myself Colin may well conveniently give him these duties but I sensed dis-satisfaction with his approach in not only speaking to myself but how he speaks and treats others privately or otherwise. If I were this goal umpire and Colin spoke or treated me in the manner in which he told me he does, I would not hesitate voting for another President that would be highly respectful and not bully a person as it was all but suggested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Wed May 25, 2022 7:52 am

Top Sport wrote:
Z Score wrote:I am hearing that Sherlock could be using his position to satisfy voters for support.
Is that Nepotism.

Speaking to this person myself Colin may well conveniently give him these duties but I sensed dis-satisfaction with his approach in not only speaking to myself but how he speaks and treats others privately or otherwise. If I were this goal umpire and Colin spoke or treated me in the manner in which he told me he does, I would not hesitate voting for another President that would be highly respectful and not bully a person as it was all but suggested.
Nepotism at its best.
Look after the goal umpire, and talk him into nominating for another term and get him to talk his buddies into voting the same way.
Why.
Because the goal umpire is pretty much a push over.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sat May 28, 2022 1:08 pm

A decision on where the 2022 Bay Sheffield Carnival is to be held will be made at the next Management Committee meeting
the next Management Committee meeting will now be held on Sunday June 5
Im so excited , the decision on where the Bay Sheffield in 20022 will be held will be decided next week.
That is exactly what Colin has posted.
Dont go doing the Jacko moondance on us Colin , you make these stupid statements , you need to back them up.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:36 pm

SA Whisperer wrote:So the next management committee meeting is being held 2 weeks before the AGM and it is at this management committee meeting that Sherlock has announced that the decision as to where the 2022 Bay Sheff carnival will be held.
Two weeks away from maybe not being president he makes the call on the 2022 Bay sheff.
What a plucka ducka.
I suggest the decision wont be made and like you zscore I think he will be going backwards quicker than Michael Jackon used to do the moonwalk.
Stand by this weekend for the big announcement of where the Bay Sheff will be held in 2022.
Colin posted that it would be at the next management committe that the decision is made
That meeting is on this Sunday, two weeks before the AGM.
The excitement builds.
Dont spoil the build up Mr President and make it a recommendation only, thats going back on your word.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:45 pm

Decision made tomorrow at the mamangement committe meeting, thats what Colin told us.
Then we can at least move on.
Hes been open and transparent of when the decision will be made.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by donatello Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:17 pm

Any news on this outcome?
donatello
donatello

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:07 pm

donatello wrote:Any news on this outcome?

I would expect the decision should be made by the newly elected committee once they meet after the AGM not just 2 weeks prior.
But you know the person pulling all the strings (or so he thinks) thinks a major call can be made essentially whilst in care taker mode.

Back to top Go down

Post by timrosen35 Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:02 pm

I just got an email saying the Bay Sheff will be held at different venues on different days? This must be a troll and someone has hacked their email 🤣? That’s just totally absurd. Sounds to me like they were stuck with a deal for the footy oval, and just added a day to appease the people that wanted it back at Colley? Is it April 1? 🤦‍�

timrosen35

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:54 pm

timrosen35 wrote:I just got an email saying the Bay Sheff will be held at different venues on different days? This must be a troll and someone has hacked their email 🤣? That’s just totally absurd. Sounds to me like they were stuck with a deal for the footy oval, and just added a day to appease the people that wanted it back at Colley? Is it April 1? 🤦‍�
I think you could be right on the money.
They know where the athletes want to run but are stuck with a two day deal elsewhere

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:09 pm

The Advertiser already has the story on social media, wow they got wind of that quick. Perhaps quicker than the members did?

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:23 pm

SA Whisperer wrote:
timrosen35 wrote:I just got an email saying the Bay Sheff will be held at different venues on different days? This must be a troll and someone has hacked their email 🤣? That’s just totally absurd. Sounds to me like they were stuck with a deal for the footy oval, and just added a day to appease the people that wanted it back at Colley? Is it April 1? 🤦‍�
I think you could be right on the money.
They know where the athletes want to run but are stuck with a two day deal elsewhere
Could it be that theres an agreement to run at Glenelg oval on Dec 26 and 27 that they cant get out of but the agreement doesnt mention that the Bay Sheff needs to be run there.Twisted Evil

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next