Talking Pros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stawell 2025
Stawell Results - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm by Woodchopper

» Stawell Results
Stawell Results - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm by Thatsthestats

» VALE Keith Douglas
Stawell Results - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 4:44 pm by Todd Ireland

» 2024 Mens Stawell Gift
Stawell Results - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm by Foxcatcher

» Stawell Betting
Stawell Results - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:50 pm by Z Score

» 2024 Ringwood Womens 400m Gift
Stawell Results - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 pm by Deflash

» Should have gone to Specsavers
Stawell Results - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm by Z Score

» Tips in other distances
Stawell Results - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm by Passionate Pete

» 2024 Stawell Womens Gift
Stawell Results - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm by SlowJoe

» Stawell provisional handicaps
Stawell Results - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm by Kicker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Stawell Results

+27
timrosen35
Socks off Sanchez
Yaba Daba Do
Todd Ireland
Easier Said Than Run
J-Rod
Celebrate before the Line
castlemaine jim
Runforit
Birdman
Mark Withheld
Run Run Run
Sanchez
Woodchopper
Z Score
Foxcatcher
Hubbaup
Thatsthestats
quickness
naughtycorner
Deflash
QE2
ASingularCalcutta
FFS
Brembren
Kicker
JH
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Stawell Results - Page 3 Empty Re: Stawell Results

Post by Celebrate before the Line Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:16 pm

Bill Clinton wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
Foxcatcher wrote:J-Rod
In a forum full of freezing cold takes, you have taken the cake for the year. You’ve had a stinker.
15 Stawell gifts, hardly saying much.  Foxy has been to well over 30 in his life.

Not sure what that odd flex is supposed to prove? I am not saying I have been to more stawell gifts than anyone else, I am only 42 and the gift has been around for nearly 150 years. I am simply saying that I personally have not seen an athlete run scared on the Saturday and still win. But seeing as you've been to well over 30 can you name the athletes who ran scared on Saturday and still won?

Ran scared ? 12.07 fastest heat time is far from running scared.

Endale just didn't hit his positions properly in early acceleration. In both his semi and final. He became to vertical in his shin angles driving his knee too high , too much time in the air, and loss of horizontal power.

A poor excicute first 20m and game over.
Didn't bring when it counted. It happens.

Only young and has plenty of time on his side to be running much quicker the next time he makes a final of a shorter handicap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norm the Form Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:23 pm

Sheesh pretty critical CBTL

I bet you haven’t even run or coached someone to run as well as Endale did over the weekend

Norm the Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Celebrate before the Line Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:46 pm

Norm the Form wrote:Sheesh pretty critical CBTL

I bet you haven’t even run or coached someone to run as well as Endale did over the weekend

I'm not being critical, I have nothing against endale. And I was hoping the young man could win and go on to bigger and better things with the add of financial help from the winnings.

But technically he missed the mark and it was the difference between. .1 to .2 when you don't accelerate properly.

And yes I've coached.much faster sprinters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Clinton Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:53 pm

Hook line and sinker Norm, got him.

Bill Clinton

Norm the Form likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by track.potato Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:29 pm

J-Rod wrote:
2nd Jake Ireland – 0.1188 to 0.1066 through the season (approx. 1.45sec improvement over 4 months)

Jakes season was honest and exceptional.
He made no secret of his form all year.
Even battled back from a decent hamstring injury to find his form and made a stack of finals from tight marks.
I hope he gets his fairytale ending with a Stawell Gift sash one day.
Great bloke. Great runner.

track.potato

Nick De Fibre, Foxcatcher, Natmatt, Celebrate before the Line and Race Day like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Withheld Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:20 am

In my opinion the Rye Gift was the turning point of the season and delivered the Stawell Gift to the least deserving athlete in the final field.
Mekonnen, Loukeris, Hunt all won before Christmas so didn't try to milk the system for extra before taking a bonus. Lugo has a poor history of dubious performances. After suffering a hamstring early in the season, Jake Ireland won the first race he could when fully fit.  
Lacey ran the fastest heat and fastest semi at Rye. I think he could have won both faster if pushed or wanted to. Yet faded back to 6th in the final. Lacey beat Zabotto by 2m in the heat but only 1/2m in the final. He beat Ireland by a metre in the semi. It was obvious to most of us he deliberately held back in the final. It should have been an automatic UP. This would have prevented Lacey getting another incremental lift and left him on 8.75.
Jake Ireland won the Rye Gift, got a 0.50 bonus and locked in 5.50. Had Jake pulled up at Rye, escaped a sanction, he might have got out to 5.25 before winning a bonus and end up on 5.75.
That 0.25 lift Lacey got for avoiding the Rye win won him the Stawell Gift.
Not blaming Lacey for doing it, just stating the facts.
The only ones to blame here are the stewards and handicapper who failed the sport by not taking the appropriate action when given a golden opportunity to act. Personally feel Jake Ireland and Jack Lacey should have met on the same terms they met at Rye. Lacey should not have been 0.25 better off for under performing. The handicapper gets a big F for me for not acting when he had the chance.

Mark Withheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodchopper Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:19 pm

Mark Withheld wrote:In my opinion the Rye Gift was the turning point of the season and delivered the Stawell Gift to the least deserving athlete in the final field.
Mekonnen, Loukeris, Hunt all won before Christmas so didn't try to milk the system for extra before taking a bonus. Lugo has a poor history of dubious performances. After suffering a hamstring early in the season, Jake Ireland won the first race he could when fully fit.  
Lacey ran the fastest heat and fastest semi at Rye. I think he could have won both faster if pushed or wanted to. Yet faded back to 6th in the final. Lacey beat Zabotto by 2m in the heat but only 1/2m in the final. He beat Ireland by a metre in the semi. It was obvious to most of us he deliberately held back in the final. It should have been an automatic UP. This would have prevented Lacey getting another incremental lift and left him on 8.75.
Jake Ireland won the Rye Gift, got a 0.50 bonus and locked in 5.50. Had Jake pulled up at Rye, escaped a sanction, he might have got out to 5.25 before winning a bonus and end up on 5.75.
The only ones to blame here are the stewards and handicapper who failed the sport by not taking the appropriate action when given a golden opportunity to act. Personally feel Jake Ireland and Jack Lacey should have met on the same terms they met at Rye. Lacey should not have been 0.25 better off for under performing. The handicapper gets a big F for me for not acting when he had the chance.

Sorry man
I agree and disagree
Jake does hand breaks also which he could of done.
He chose not to because he obviously wanted to secure his bonus and train.
Good on him for winning rye but unfortunate to lose.

Lugo and lacey are both instructed to win place or lose.
It’s facts and people don’t want to accept it.

They aren’t the only athletes/squads doing this.

Woodchopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxcatcher Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:24 pm

Mark Withheld wrote:In my opinion the Rye Gift was the turning point of the season and delivered the Stawell Gift to the least deserving athlete in the final field.

The fox has mentioned the ‘Lugo handbrake’ before, a special skill that may be renamed after this year’s major gifts. Again, Fiedler proves he is the King.

Ireland had an honest season and deserved to feature.

Don’t hate the player Mark, hate the game. The tartan is there for all who truly wonder…

Foxcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodchopper Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:56 pm

Foxcatcher wrote:

The fox has mentioned the ‘Lugo handbrake’ before, a special skill that may be renamed after this year’s major gifts. Again, Fiedler proves he is the King.

Ireland had an honest season and deserved to feature.

Don’t hate the player Mark, hate the game. The tartan is there for all who truly wonder…

When I mentioned it last season and the season before about Lugo pulling hand breaks.
I was crucified yet this year everyone is noticing it and complaining.
Lugo will get a minimum pull and go final again next year

Woodchopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Easier Said Than Run Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:25 pm

When you mentioned it last season and before, was that under one of your banned names Woodchopper?

Easier Said Than Run

Back to top Go down

Post by Race Day Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:53 am

So much discussion about the men’s, but isn’t the women’s handicapped to 13.7?
So many smashed that.

Race Day

Back to top Go down

Post by Norm the Form Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:44 pm

Good call Race Day. Some of those girls are coming back a LONG way.

Mannix-Power = 0.25m - (2m Stawell Penalty) = -2.25m
Kinnersly = 6.25m - (0.75m Penalty) = 5.5m
Pollard = 5.25m - (0.5m Penalty) = 4.75m
King = 8m - (0.25m Penalty) = 7.75m
Windshuttle = 6.25m - (0.25m Penalty) = 6m
Watson = 5m - (0.25m Penalty) = 4.75m

Now, even though these girls are coming a long way back, I can see a lot of those girls growing into those marks and just becoming better athletes. Kinnersly and Windshuttle especially, who I can see becoming really good athletes off those marks. Pollard too, but she’ll have other aspirations in the ammo’s

What do you guys reckon?

Norm the Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatsthestats Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm

It will be good to watch Kinnersly run with no brakes applied. Hopefully she can turn into a Kerr type athlete and become a good mid to back marker as she is very talented over all distances.

Thatsthestats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3