Talking Pros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stawell 2025
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm by Woodchopper

» Stawell Results
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm by Thatsthestats

» VALE Keith Douglas
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 4:44 pm by Todd Ireland

» 2024 Mens Stawell Gift
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm by Foxcatcher

» Stawell Betting
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:50 pm by Z Score

» 2024 Ringwood Womens 400m Gift
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 pm by Deflash

» Should have gone to Specsavers
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm by Z Score

» Tips in other distances
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm by Passionate Pete

» 2024 Stawell Womens Gift
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm by SlowJoe

» Stawell provisional handicaps
FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm by Kicker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD

+8
Z Score
Runforit
Sweeney
StevieBee
Soon to retire
donatello
George Dubya
timrosen35
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD - Page 4 Empty Re: FUTURE OF THE BAY SHEFFIELD

Post by StevieBee Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:35 am

Oh wow! Boy, oh boy!.
This is up there with thinking lead paint in a child's room was a good idea. I won't mince my words. This is the stupidest, ugliest decision I've heard and seen.

It's fantastic that its back at Colley! But two continue to use Glenelg oval for, let's face it, 3200m races for one run a year. Athletes are just plain stupid.

90% of athletes at Colley won't venture to Glenelg Oval. Come on, Mr. President, what's the reasoning! Stop pretending your deal is secret!

StevieBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:33 am

StevieBee wrote:Oh wow! Boy, oh boy!.
This is up there with thinking lead paint in a child's room was a good idea. I won't mince my words. This is the stupidest, ugliest decision I've heard and seen.

It's fantastic that its back at Colley! But two continue to use Glenelg oval for, let's face it, 3200m races for one run a year. Athletes are just plain stupid.

90% of athletes at Colley won't venture to Glenelg Oval. Come on, Mr. President, what's the reasoning! Stop pretending your deal is secret!

Whats just as bad SB is the fact the quality athletes both here and interstate wont venture down to Colley at all, they'll mostly be going to Burnie. Cant run the event at Colley on the 29th and expect a good turn out!

I'd say the decision had to already be made. How is it the committee meeting held on Sunday had a final decision made and what events on what days were all discussed with a schedule made on how it might look, combined with the media knowing so soon. Its almost like it was already decided and planned, why, because it was!

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:12 pm

Belindas resignation had a more larger prominate spot in the paper than the Bay Sheff announcement.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieBee Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:59 pm

Top Sport wrote:
StevieBee wrote:Oh wow! Boy, oh boy!.

Whats just as bad SB is the fact the quality athletes both here and interstate wont venture down to Colley at all, they'll mostly be going to Burnie. Cant run the event at Colley on the 29th and expect a good turn out!

I'd say the decision had to already be made. How is it the committee meeting held on Sunday had a final decision made and what events on what days were all discussed with a schedule made on how it might look, combined with the media knowing so soon. Its almost like it was already decided and planned, why, because it was!

When you alienate experienced individuals, you're left leading yes men, and that's the current committee.
I'm really surprised by them. Surely they know the mud sticks in the running circuit!

Your more than welcome to change my mind. Prove to me the deal wasn't already signed.

StevieBee

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:14 pm

Z Score wrote:I dare Sherlock to lock in the venue on the 29 th as he has said he will and then go on to the AGM with that decision..
The truth always comes out , it may not be today, it may not be tomorrow , it may not be the day after that, but the truth will  eventually come out.
Twisted Evil

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kym 1958 Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:53 pm

BREAKING NEWS
Happy to report that at the first meeting of the new SAAL committee it was unanimously agreed that the Bay Sheffield would revert to a day day carnival at Colley reserve on the 27th and 28th of December.

More to come !

Kym 1958

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:09 am

Good to see program , part off already released for the coming season..As well as rego renewals.
But before we renew our regos and before the interstaters start booking air fares they need to know.
We all need to know.
Going back to Colley isnt simply enough to bring athletes back.
Open and transparent is the way forward.
Handicapping system going or staying or being rejigged to give everyone the feeling they have a piece of the pie.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kym 1958 Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:45 am

SA Whisperer

We have begun a review of the SA Handicapping system and have taken the opportunity so far to speak to system designers handicappers and stewards. We are in the process of organizing meetings with coaches. This will occur over the next two weeks. Concurrently we will provide an opportunity for Athletes to have their say and undertake a review of the VAL system. A full report with recommendations will be provided to the SAAL committee by mid - late August. At that time we will be taking decisions in time for the start of the season and communicate those decisions to our stakeholders.

Kym Steer

Kym 1958

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:32 pm

Thanks for that Kym , you have pretty much said how most of us thought.
We considered you to be the messiah but your hands as a president are tied.
The management committee as a whole has the say, you can guide things slightly but virtually have no power unless the vote is tied.
Most of those on the committee are pretty much pro the current system, yep dress the duck up as much as you can but it will still go quack quack.
You can only do as much as a committee will let you

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:36 pm

I sure as hell hope I am wrong SA Whisperer but I am sensing the few that have been suggesting I am not liked are perhaps some of the same people that have benefited from the handicap system.
They opposed my inclusion on the committee, perhaps this has been done safe in knowledge that those that did get appointed will vote to keep the system.
Those that dont like the system are mostly the people that do like me and continually pressed me and a few others to do something to remove the system.
Being liked or not liked is not the point, not everyone is liked. The point is continually along the way a majority doesnt want this system, its about 60% although if more of those that walked away so fed up actually got involved this % would be greater. We already know this from the survey 2 years ago.
Kym could be the messiah but if you cant turn water into wine then this whole process might be completely in vain.
Again I hope I am wrong.
For the SAAL to prosper again it cant keep going with the handicap system. It needs experienced handicappers with a set of guidelines which provides the transparency and understanding of the adjustments. It cant be what it has been for the past 3 or so years.
The minority can jump up and down all they like and just say he's taking pots shots but this is no pot shot, I want the SAAL to be bigger than ever but if you keep doing the same thing that simply wont happen.
I gotta stop checking in here and remove my apps and emails, sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4