Talking Pros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stawell 2025
Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm by Woodchopper

» Stawell Results
Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm by Thatsthestats

» VALE Keith Douglas
Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 4:44 pm by Todd Ireland

» 2024 Mens Stawell Gift
Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm by Foxcatcher

» Stawell Betting
Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:50 pm by Z Score

» 2024 Ringwood Womens 400m Gift
Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 pm by Deflash

» Should have gone to Specsavers
Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm by Z Score

» Tips in other distances
Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm by Passionate Pete

» 2024 Stawell Womens Gift
Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm by SlowJoe

» Stawell provisional handicaps
Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm by Kicker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Fleurieu Drama

+5
Grossy
Kristimcmillan
SA Whisperer
Z Score
Macka
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fleurieu Drama - Page 3 Empty Re: Fleurieu Drama

Post by SA Whisperer Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:13 pm

Spot on T.S. a lot in the IN group who thought they were in the in group are now not in the in group but the out group. Razz Razz

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:52 pm

Its all about the puppet show strings going everywhere.
The not so smart puppets find themselves on the end of the strings like Mumbles and Sherlock because thats where the not so smart puppets end up.
But hidden away out of sight no one knows who the real puppeteer is who pulls the strings.
I think after Victor we now know, .

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieBee Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:45 pm

Z

If Sherlock is who we know, he is. You'd pick a better name.
Sherlock Holmes, written by a bloke who believes in fairies.!!

Last edited by StevieBee on Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

StevieBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jansen Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:02 am

All the leagues across Australia historically have had issues with administration of the sport. Unlike Amateur Athletics pro running does not have the same transparency. Governments put much more money into Amateur athletics therefore governance and accountability is of a much higher standard.

Looks like what's happening in SA appears to have put many runners off side. One option , would be for someone to consider legal action. There are strong perceptions of unfairness within the system and this doesn't appear to be addressed.

The cost of legal action would outweigh any benefits gained. So numbers will continue to diminish. Since the SA league does co-ordinate with local governments , I would consider taking feedback to local gov't , but this might have adverse impacts on future events.

Jansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:16 am

StevieBee wrote:Z

If Sherlock is who we know, he is. You'd pick a better name.
Sherlock Holmes, written by a bloke who believes in fairies.!!

I think Sherlock believes in himself, ever come across an umpire whos made incorrect decision.And owned up to it.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Grossy Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:33 am

Morning,

Appears to be two sides of the story here. 2 min wait vs 7 min wait added with extra abuse towards officials. There was also an exchange on Facebook between David and the starter. Disappointing that she, an official, couldn’t use the correct channels for a response.

In regards to the “Dennis Report”, I think I read somewhere that David admitted to swearing but from reading the officials report it sounds almost threatening or intimidating. If that was true then based on previous actions by league to other coaches who have acted like that, David would be expecting a fine and or suspension.
Maybe David would like to re-clarify his actions or comments that day?

Also might be a good idea just to record/video any interactions you have with the officials in the future, I think you’ll find their attitude and process change when they are made to be accountable.
Has there been any follow up from the altercation David or you preferring to keep that private?

Thanks

Grossy

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:46 am

If that is correct , that the starter has used facebook for an individual stoush, she herself should be facing sanctions of some sort as well.
For an official to be doing that is totally unnacceptable

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:06 pm

Trish did mention to David that she found it disappointing he used Facebook to air his grievance. "David I'm surprised at this post, as the starter I would have expected you to talk to me where I could explain what really happened, happy to fill you in." and "As the starter, actually come and ask me what really happened before venting, happy to explain."
It was asked if Trish believed the athlete wasn’t late and the girls weren’t standing around? Risking injury to each of the girls. To which Trish replies "correct".

Now anyone privy to this post will have also seen a photo of the late athlete running to the start area in no way ready with another athlete completing her practise start run through. She still had to get to the start, report to Trish, then go to the other end of the track or finish line speak to Dennis, run all the way back to the start again, report to Trish again, take her windcheater off, put her colour on, have her blocks measured and placed, do her run through and get back behind the scratch line. Fact of the matter is she was not there 5 mins prior to the start, regardless if they were 2 minutes ahead of schedule or not. 2 minutes ahead of schedule and she is still nowhere to be seen, when she should have been there 3 minutes prior.
I cannot understand how at every single point of reference to issues made to the SAAL they have some lame excuse or complete denial.

As for swearing or abuse towards officials it is simply not on. No excuses, adults should be able to articulate the grievance without abuse. This is for David and the officials to workout if it did actually occur and the possible ramifications if it did.

I will add this isnt the first time this has happened in the past few years since the introduction of the system. This system not only doesnt work but frustrates the hell out of athletes and coaches. We're all passionate about the sport so when we see it heading the direction it has for the past 3-4 years, is it any wonder it makes us angry and reactionary.

Can anyone think of occasions where a coach was suspended by these actions prior to the handicap system being introduced?

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:38 pm

So if Trish believed the athlete wasnt late , then why did she go back to the finish line to speak to CHIEF, SOMEONE AINT TELLING THE TRUTH HERE

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3