Talking Pros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stawell 2025
Fleurieu Drama EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm by Woodchopper

» Stawell Results
Fleurieu Drama EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm by Thatsthestats

» VALE Keith Douglas
Fleurieu Drama EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 4:44 pm by Todd Ireland

» 2024 Mens Stawell Gift
Fleurieu Drama EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm by Foxcatcher

» Stawell Betting
Fleurieu Drama EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:50 pm by Z Score

» 2024 Ringwood Womens 400m Gift
Fleurieu Drama EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 pm by Deflash

» Should have gone to Specsavers
Fleurieu Drama EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm by Z Score

» Tips in other distances
Fleurieu Drama EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm by Passionate Pete

» 2024 Stawell Womens Gift
Fleurieu Drama EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm by SlowJoe

» Stawell provisional handicaps
Fleurieu Drama EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm by Kicker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Fleurieu Drama

+5
Grossy
Kristimcmillan
SA Whisperer
Z Score
Macka
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fleurieu Drama Empty Fleurieu Drama

Post by Macka Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:13 am

I hear there was an issue or 2 at Fleurieu. Anyone know what they were?

Macka

Back to top Go down

Fleurieu Drama Empty Re: Fleurieu Drama

Post by Z Score Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:13 pm

Could it be that an athlete got called a cheat by the

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Macka Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:51 pm

Z Score wrote:Could it be that an athlete got called a cheat by the

Be interested to know who?

Macka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:03 pm

Just hearing there was a late athlete in the womens 120 1st heat, In the white, 7 MINUTES LATE and not disqualified?
Was the chief on his phone again?
Why didnt the starter just start the race?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:08 pm

Z Score wrote:Could it be that an athlete got called a cheat by the
Just to add, its been alleged.
There is history with this lot making this kind of statement, no doubt they like the last time I personally heard it they blatantly lied and denied it.
The trouble is on this occasion this person has a bad habit of contacting athletes when is not appropriate for them to do so. Its just another reason why they need to be replaced at the next AGM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Macka Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:13 pm

Top Sport wrote:Just hearing there was a late athlete in the womens 120 1st heat, In the white, 7 MINUTES LATE and not disqualified?
Was the chief on his phone again?
Why didnt the starter just start the race?

Rules of Competition

11.8 Athlete Assembly
Athletes must still report to a “holding area” adjacent to the starting position at least five (5)
minutes prior to the programmed starting time of an event. Note that Special Rules apply to
events where athletes are required to “parade”.

11.9 Start on Time
Unless permission of the Chief Steward has been obtained, the time of starting, as stated in
the program, shall be strictly adhered to as closely as possible and the races started
regardless of absentees. Athletes not reporting on time may be withdrawn from the race in
question or fined. This decision is the responsibility of the Chief Steward.

Macka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:17 pm

Yep, thats thing, 7 minutes late PLUS the 5 minutes. Blocks and athlete should have been in place well prior to the start. The starter should have simply started the race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Macka Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:41 pm

Top Sport wrote:Yep, thats thing, 7 minutes late PLUS the 5 minutes. Blocks and athlete should have been in place well prior to the start. The starter should have simply started the race.

Would be interested to know if the athlete was spoken too.
After looking at the heat and now knowing who the coach was, I wonder if that had an impact on the decision to allow her to run. Coach should know the rules.

Macka

Kristimcmillan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:47 pm

I know off one person that had words to the coach. That thought had crossed my mind too, when you are the "in" crowd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Macka Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:50 pm

Interesting! Wonder who that was?

Macka

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:31 pm

Dont forget , Mumbles was going to come down hard on everyone , he said so in his Brighton stewards report, athletes WILL be fined or dq or both .
Toothless Tiger for sure.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:20 pm

So who are the Coaches for these stables from Heat 1
I have jumbled them up so as to not highlight the culprit.
PAR
TNT
ADE
TT
WAS
REY
I would think if you were the fastest female in SA you would be disgusted being held up by a little kiddie who was probably off getting 50 cents worth of mixed lollies.Imagine you do your warm up professionally as the RED would have done and then get standing around for another 7 minutes.
AND that is why little kiddies shouldnt be running OPEN, Athleticssa results show shes under 16, and runs for the silver spoon side of town.
The RED pulls a hammy or other injury because of this and any National comp is then in jeapody.
I suggest to the RED if this happens again REFUSE TO RUN.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Macka Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:41 pm

Alot to lose, Very little to gain for RED. Perhaps walking off and refussing to rum would have been a big kick in the teeth for SAAL.
RED did win Bay when she was 14 though!
She running well on the track, maybe she shouldn't be running in SAAL events.

The late culprit has some good potential, maybe a new coach would be a good idea.

Macka

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:24 pm

I am hearing that the racecaller called the athlete as having to be dq. so he knew the rules but it was up to the Chief Steward to do that.
Absolute disgrace to keep the fastest female in SA waiting 7 mins.
I am being told this sprinter was a late addition to the 800m womens at Reynella to make up the numbers and ran accordingly.Fancy have an up and coming sprinter run in an 800m.
Remember though Mumbles said in his Brighton Chief report that enpough was enough no more warnings absolute toothless tiger who shouldnt be in that position.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Macka Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:41 pm

Wow! DQ. Not very good form by the cheif!
Why the hell would you get a sprinter to run a 800m????
Words are only words unless you have the balls to back them up!
Not only the fastest but all the girls.

Macka

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Will be an interesting read this week The Chief Steward report
Could go something like this
I was in the toilet having a little twinkle and unaware of an athlete arriving 7 mins late for heat 1 of the 120m womens. lol!

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Macka Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:45 pm

Z Score wrote:Will be an interesting read this week The Chief Steward report
Could go something like this
I was in the toilet having a little twinkle and unaware of an athlete arriving 7 mins late for heat 1 of the 120m womens. lol!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Can't say any more!

Macka

Back to top Go down

Fleurieu Drama Empty Fleurieu Issue!

Post by Kristimcmillan Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:20 pm

Firstly, I don’t say much ever, but I seriously can’t be arsed with hiding behind all the pseudonyms. I’m Kristi. If you have something to say to me, I’m here, or many of you in SA probably know me anyway.

Yes, in 120 women’s yesterday, the athletes on the start line were left waiting for far too long while an athlete came to the start AFTER the rest had done their run throughs. As the mum of the fastest athlete, yes, I am appalled (knowing what pressure she has coming up & been working on for the last 11years), but MORE SO for all the athletes they risked injury to.

Yes, it is incompetent, yes, the starter should have had the last say AND it is their own rules. Yes,this kind of thing has also happened at ASA (but as hubby reminds me due to equipment failure; regardless of how regularly this happens). The safety of the athlete should ALWAYS come first.

As parents of the athlete; the league, chief steward & the athletes coach were all spoken to. I really don’t care if you think this was right or wrong… this has gone on long enough… this has to stop. The league can’t keep changing the rules every week pending the pressure they are getting from the ‘in’ crowd or anyone else.

Kristi.

Kristimcmillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:04 am

Thanks for your in put on the story.
I think Jordi is able to achieve so much more than a mickey mouse event at Victor and if caught in the same position again , simply walks away from the race , rather than risk any injury.
I can not believe that a kid , can be allowed to put other athletes at risk.
The athletes coach should not have let the young girl run , her warm up and prep leading into the heat could not have been sufficient either.
As for athletes at Mile End I have seen it where athletes who are late are slotted into the last heat , the slowest athletes, so their punishment is , yes they get to run but not with any competition.
We all understand from time to time theres weather , technical issues etc which delay races , delays that can not be avoided, but last weekend was a clear indication that theres a protected group.
It was a time for the Chief Official to stand up as an individual and he failed to do so.
Hope Jordi pulled up okay and goes into the remainder of the season head on, how exciting it must be for you to have the quickest female in SA and to be able to ride the experiance with her.

Last edited by Z Score on Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Grossy Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:52 am

Morning,

Let's start by losing the notion that it was only Jordi who would/could have been affected. It's a elitist attitude to have ..... and "could" be viewed as the other athletes competing don't matter. (and you know my positive opinion towards Jordi as a person Kristi)

We also need to remember that the other athlete who was late to the start line is still a young female athlete, who can make mistakes like everyone and is still choosing to compete in the SAAL despite its current reputation.

However......

She has nominated and competed in an open women's event and should be treated consistently with the league standards/rules. If it was a junior race or even novice; I could see possibly the need for some leniency with the Stewards. Furthermore, the stewards report for the meeting has not been released yet so technically we should give them that grace period as they may have contacted athlete/coach since then and made a judgement. (I doubt they will though.)

Grossy

Back to top Go down

Post by Macka Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:25 am

Grossy wrote:Morning,

Let's start by losing the notion that it was only Jordi who would/could have been affected. It's a elitist attitude to have ..... and "could" be viewed as the other athletes competing don't matter. (and you know my positive opinion towards Jordi as a person Kristi)

We also need to remember that the other athlete who was late to the start line is still a young female athlete, who can make mistakes like everyone and is still choosing to compete in the SAAL despite its current reputation.

However......

She has nominated and competed in an open women's event and should be treated consistently with the league standards/rules. If it was a junior race or even novice; I could see possibly the need for some leniency with the Stewards. Furthermore, the stewards report for the meeting has not been released yet so technically we should give them that grace period as they may have contacted athlete/coach since then and made a judgement. (I doubt they will though.)

Grossy, I'm not sure you read the email correctly! She spoke about all the athletes twice!
Even if it's a junior race the rules should be followed. I'm sure that all kids at school must learn and follow the rules, if not, what kind of exaple are we setting for them.

Macka

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:01 am

[/quote]
Grossy, I'm not sure you read the email correctly!  She spoke about all the athletes twice!
Even if it's a junior race the rules should be followed.  I'm sure that all kids at school must learn and follow the rules, if not, what kind of exaple are we setting for them.[/quote]
Totally agree with you Macka
Everyone at this stage registers under the same rules so the rules must apply to everyone.
If the underage athletes Coaches were the ones that copped the penalty , they would learn very quickly.

Last edited by Z Score on Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Z Score

Macka likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:17 am

The way I see it is , both heats it was First two and next two fastest.
The second heat had 7 runners so there was a spare spot.

A smart Chief if he for whatever reason was going to allow the late arrival to run would have sent the first heat away on time and placed the late arrival in the second heat in the outside lane.
Remember though I did say Smart Chief.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:58 pm

As Kristi rightly pointed out, all athletes regardless of them being the fastest or not were affected. Not just heat 1 but also heat 2 given they were also held up waiting behind the scratch line.
How the stewarding standards have slipped. I remember being told on the scratch line by Brian Hart years ago now about being ready. I was doing up my shoe lace that came undone on the warmup run.
Be on time and be ready, simple. Might also explain why ASA is almost always behind sometimes upto 20 minutes and this is by 2:30?

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:06 pm

Top Sport wrote:
How the stewarding standards have slipped.
All this has seemed to have happened since Colin Rowston took charge as President.
Seems like a lot more incorrect track measurements, placing of handicap marks
Drop in the class of athlete consistantly competing
And the enforcing of rules seems to almost have disappeared.
Been real noticable in the last two seasons.

Z Score

Floater likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next