Talking Pros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stawell 2025
Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm by Woodchopper

» Stawell Results
Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm by Thatsthestats

» VALE Keith Douglas
Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 4:44 pm by Todd Ireland

» 2024 Mens Stawell Gift
Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm by Foxcatcher

» Stawell Betting
Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:50 pm by Z Score

» 2024 Ringwood Womens 400m Gift
Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 pm by Deflash

» Should have gone to Specsavers
Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm by Z Score

» Tips in other distances
Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm by Passionate Pete

» 2024 Stawell Womens Gift
Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm by SlowJoe

» Stawell provisional handicaps
Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm by Kicker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Fleurieu Drama

+5
Grossy
Kristimcmillan
SA Whisperer
Z Score
Macka
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleurieu Drama

Post by SA Whisperer Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:57 pm

After looking at last weeks Loxton photos and seeing athletes virtually dancing on the finish line , right in front of the Chief Steward , you vitually know that you have lost the respect of the athletes.
For the Chief to come out in Jan in his Brighton report and say one thing and do the opposite is not how you earn respect.
Time for the Chief to step aside.

SA Whisperer

Kristimcmillan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristimcmillan Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:40 pm

Hey Grossy, I’d never suggest Jordi was more important than any athlete.

It’s truly heartbreaking to see ANY athlete; grass, track, first, last, field event, wherever, get injured. You know it can be months of recovery for who ever that poor soul is, let alone the mental anguish for them as well.

I’m also on board that it was a young athlete, I’ve said for years after another Bay incident with a young athlete, that ultimately it’s the coach and parents responsible for these young teens. I was (& of course her dad), when Jordi was younger. I was told once that parents should ‘drop & leave’ the athlete with the coach to train. Needless to say I voiced my opinion to what ‘I’ think is an ignorant argument. I’m not going to stand back and risk anyone making suggestion to my child, that goes against all the values we’ve worked to teach her. These kids don’t go out with a plan to hold people up, cheat the system, etc, most simply do what they are asked at this age.  The coach on the other hand should have been more responsible and knows better.

My biggest issue is the constant changing of the rules each week. One week someone is dq’d for red z score, next week they are all let through as an anomaly, the following week they keep the sash but lose the money, ok, so we can just make it up as we go?

Z Score… yes, thanks, Jordi pulled up ok… We ran this event (and had planned to all season) as it’s down where we live, so had always planned to support the local community & sponsors (some of which we know).

Jordi’s coach also wasn’t the only one to have complained on the day…

Enjoy your week.
Kristi

Kristimcmillan

SA Whisperer and Z Score like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:02 am

Getting onto another matter , lets have a look at figures for last weeks Victor meeting.
I know the open events were saturated with under age runners which fudge figures of open athletes competing.

70M Mens............11 very disappointing
70M WOMENS................,21 acceptable
120M MENS.........13 again disappointing
120M WOMEN.......14 again disappointing
400M MEN.........9 straight final very disappointing.
400M WOMEN...10 Should have been a straight final, maybe Mumbles needs a bean counter.
Hardly flattering figures, Take out the underage athletes from these figures and its down right embarrassing.
Victor isnt 4 hours from Adelaide its just over a safe hour.
Where have all the open athletes gone.

Z Score

Kristimcmillan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Macka Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:38 pm

Stawell is coming up, all running in VAL to try improve their handicap for Stawell.
The rest are either over the inconsistency of SAAL or been pushed away by individuals who can't get their heads out their butt.

Macka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:55 pm

Of those that nominated which would be around 250, only 181 of them ran.
Its the same old story as to why, tired of going over them, just need to remove those up for nomination at the next AGM, get rid of the system etc etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:33 pm

Macka wrote:Stawell is coming up, all running in VAL to try improve their handicap for Stawell.
The rest are either over the inconsistency of SAAL or been pushed away by individuals who can't get their heads out their butt.
I like the second suggestion best.
Apart from Moss and a small handful of female athletes there were hardly any SA athletes in Vic last week.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Macka Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:54 am

E.T.H wrote:Wow! The stewards report
Now I can understand why Jordan is too good to be running with this shit league that she has to put up with that crap!
What a joke you are SAAL

Wow is right!
After speaking with ohters who were in ear shot of the conversation....The chiefs report seems to be semi right. He was angry that all the other athletes had to wait not just his daughter. I was told he was abrupt and straight to the point and he swore. However, at no point did the chief or anyone else give an explanation as to why she was allowed to run and all other athletes had to wait. Found out he had a conversation / argument with her coach and also a long conversation with mr president.

I was also told that the athletes were standing around for much longer than the 2 minutes the chief is saying.

Macka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:13 pm

Macka wrote:
Now I can understand why Jordan is too good to be running with this shit league that she has to put up with that crap!
What a joke you are SAAL

Wow is right!
After speaking with ohters who were in ear shot of the conversation....The chiefs report seems to be semi right.  He was angry that all the other athletes had to wait not just his daughter.   I was told he was abrupt and straight to the point and he swore.  However, at no point did the chief or anyone else give an explanation as to why she was allowed to run and all other athletes had to wait. Found out he had a conversation / argument with her coach and also a long conversation with mr president.

I was also told that the athletes were standing around for much longer than the 2 minutes the chief is saying.  

David we all clearly know this is you posting as "Macka"....

Sherlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieBee Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:16 pm

I've seen 5-year-olds write stories about their imagery friends that are better than what I just read
Entries down.
Not one individual that brought in the fail system is involved anymore
Entries down

But yet the president hasn't said anything. It's like Scomo during the bush fires.

StevieBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:10 pm

Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Macka wrote:
What a joke you are SAAL

Wow is right!
After speaking with ohters who were in ear shot of the conversation....The chiefs report seems to be semi right.  He was angry that all the other athletes had to wait not just his daughter.   I was told he was abrupt and straight to the point and he swore.  However, at no point did the chief or anyone else give an explanation as to why she was allowed to run and all other athletes had to wait. Found out he had a conversation / argument with her coach and also a long conversation with mr president.

And your point is Mr President?

Do you just come on to check on what everyone is saying about how poorly the SAAL is being run? Do you just come on to take guesses on who is who? Only to take cheap pot shots at people in a personal belittling way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:18 pm

Not sure if David is coaching Jordan, if he is then I suspect he should be able to approach the Chief Steward. If he isnt then as a parent he should not be irrespective.
At no point was the meet being run ahead of schedule, time was being lost as the meet ran only to be caught back up during the breaks, so this is just blatant nonsense to say they were ahead.
7 minutes is what we are led to believe to be the delay?
If Brian Hart was the starter this would never have happened, the race would have just gone ahead, if you are late bad luck! How it should be.

Once again soft by the Chief, sick of handing out warnings, only to hand out warnings, BUT next season he wont be handing out warnings. Next year he shouldnt be Chief!

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:34 pm

Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Thats why you are a gifted detective , FICTIONAL I may add because no one else had a clue who Macka was Razz Razz

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:52 pm

4. In the 120m Under 18 Boys Final, Sam Sibbick was warned for looking across at the
finish line. I have reported instances of looking around and looking across in almost
every report this season, and runners are being warned. I emphasise to all coaches,
inform your runners, particularly juniors, that this is not acceptable. Next season I
will be hot on this, and I will impose penalties. All runners and coaches should
consider this a final warning

Look out everybody mumbles has issued another final warning:lol!: lol! lol!
While he was warning Sam Sibbick , he missed the winner in yellow turning his head in the open 70m , go and look at the photos mumbles, one of the main races and you missed it.Hety T.S. perhaps screen shoot it so mumbles knows what he missed,
How can you possibly say what you will be doing next season, , you are simply a front for the others.
No mention of the women who lost 6.39 from heat to final in the over 35 400m , why , because it was your fault she was allowed to run the womens 400m in between.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:13 pm

You mean this one?

Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 Victor10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:27 pm

Whats interesting about this. Supposedly 2 minutes ahead of schedule yet all athletes are there, blocks in, practice start done, 2nd heat there also.
Irrespective
11.8 Athlete Assembly
Athletes must still report to a “holding area” adjacent to the starting position at least five (5)
minutes prior to the programmed starting time of an event. Note that Special Rules apply to
events where athletes are required to “parade”.

At least 5 minutes prior!

You can see Trish on the side of the pic perhaps suggesting there is still 2 minutes, holding her hand signaling 2 with her fingers?

Fleurieu Drama - Page 2 Victor11

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:31 am

Top Sport wrote:You mean this one?

Thats the one T.S.
Completely missed by Mumbles , and it would have happened right in front of his eyes.It was a final for crying out loud. Razz Razz

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:37 am

CHIEF STEWARD’S REPORT
Brighton #2 Carnival, Brighton Oval, 26th January 2022.

Throughout this season I have issued many such warnings, and consider that I have been
very patient, lenient, and considerate to date, BUT I’m of the opinion the warnings are not
being heeded. I am now issuing a warning to ALL COACHES and runners, WE HAVE RULES,
and I’m tired of hearing the lame excuse “I didn’t know”, so from now on, no more
warnings. All rule breeches will be penalised with a fine, disqualification, or both.

CHIEF STEWARD’S REPORT
Fleurieu Gift Carnival, Victor Harbor Oval, 5th March 2022.

4. . I have reported instances of looking around and looking across in almost
every report this season, and runners are being warned. I emphasise to all coaches,
inform your runners, particularly juniors, that this is not acceptable. Next season I
will be hot on this, and I will impose penalties. All runners and coaches should
consider this a final warning.
You dont get respect by going back on your word, not knowing the correct rules and missing the obvious.
I think in the final of the 70m , the winner was actually looking straight at mumbles and saying DARE YOU. Laughing  Laughing

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:30 pm

Z Score wrote:

Thats the one T.S.
Completely missed by Mumbles , and it would have happened right in front of his eyes.It was a final for crying out loud. Razz Razz
Two officials looking straight at the finish in the photo.
Thats the way the saal is though now .........me see nothing.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:52 am

Met up with Gossips last night and he told me that the little kid that was late reporting to the start line is from the same stable as the sprint handicappers daughter.
Surely that cant be right , if its correct, it all starting to make sense.
All comes back to the IN group.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:56 am

SA Whisperer wrote:
Z Score wrote:

Thats the one T.S.
Two officials looking straight at the finish in the photo.
Thats the way the saal is though now .........me see nothing.

Sherlock you must come on and explain this one , luv the bloke looking across at mumbles , its a cracker.
Considering these photos come up a lot earlier than mumbles report he has ample time to peruse through them
BUT HASNT

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:40 pm

I love how he comes on here to point out who Macka is, well done captain obvious!
How about come on and provide a response to all of this blatant ignorant tripe being served up every 2nd week?
How about coming on here and tell us what is going to be done to fix these constant problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:48 pm

Z Score wrote: Met up with Gossips last night and he told me that the little kid that was late reporting to the start line is from the same stable as the sprint handicappers daughter.
Surely that cant be right , if its correct, it all starting to make sense.
All comes back to the IN group.

The problem for Sherlock and Co is the "IN" group are shrinking in numbers, more and more are turning away realising they are no longer part of the "IN" group after being used as much as they can only to be treated so poorly.

Frank or Luke, if you have someone in mind to oust Sherlock, now might be the time to drum up the numbers, do the rounds and make a plan on how the SAAL can best move forward.

2 years of Colin and nothing has changed, infact it is arguably worse. Time to resign Colin, let someone else with some integrity and balls to make the wholesale changes needed to get the SAAL back on track before its too late.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next