Talking Pros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stawell 2025
alternative SAAL bosses EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm by Woodchopper

» Stawell Results
alternative SAAL bosses EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm by Thatsthestats

» VALE Keith Douglas
alternative SAAL bosses EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 4:44 pm by Todd Ireland

» 2024 Mens Stawell Gift
alternative SAAL bosses EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm by Foxcatcher

» Stawell Betting
alternative SAAL bosses EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:50 pm by Z Score

» 2024 Ringwood Womens 400m Gift
alternative SAAL bosses EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 pm by Deflash

» Should have gone to Specsavers
alternative SAAL bosses EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm by Z Score

» Tips in other distances
alternative SAAL bosses EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm by Passionate Pete

» 2024 Stawell Womens Gift
alternative SAAL bosses EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm by SlowJoe

» Stawell provisional handicaps
alternative SAAL bosses EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm by Kicker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

alternative SAAL bosses

4 posters

Go down

alternative SAAL bosses Empty alternative SAAL bosses

Post by TheWerewolfOfLoxton Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:26 pm

the current SAAL bosses are (I think) up for a re-election or a dumping soon.

Is there an alternative?
Preferably a return to transparency of the handicapping system.

TheWerewolfOfLoxton

Back to top Go down

alternative SAAL bosses Empty Re: alternative SAAL bosses

Post by SA Whisperer Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:35 am

TheWerewolfOfLoxton wrote:the current SAAL bosses are (I think) up for a re-election or a dumping soon.

Is there an alternative?
Preferably a return to transparency of the handicapping system.
So who are the SAAL bosses.I think it will suprise most,but if you arent invited to the Friday morning tea parties , you arent one of them.
The President was elected to bring the Bay Sheffield back to Colley reserve, HE delivered.
If Kym runs again, he needs to remove those that are under performing ,make a tough decision on personal, just as a business would do.No sense in risking your creditability on people who arent up to scratch and arent there for the right reasons.
For those people going to Loxton this weekend , dont go out after midnight , the Werewolf of Loxton will be out and about.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieBee Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:00 am

You only need to see the handicaps for Loxton and the schedule of events to see they are struggling.

4 heats in the men's yet they preceded to run semis and finals. Take the 4 winners and the next 2 fastest and go straight to the final. 2 heats of the women, are the same 2 heats going to run as the Semis?

A fully independent body needs to be in charge with no active participants is what's needed to fix the SAAL. You can't have influences who and can actively influence decisions.

StevieBee

TheWerewolfOfLoxton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:24 pm

Agree Stevie.
6:21pm 120m Women’s CMV Farms Loxton Gift 2 Heats
7.08pm 120m Women’s CMV Loxton Gift Semis
9:16pm 120m Women’s CMV Farms Loxton Gift – Final and Presentation
Not sure about running heats and semis when you have only 14 nominations.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:21 pm

[quote="TheWerewolfOfLoxton"
Preferably a return to transparency of the handicapping system.[/quote]
Hey Wolf Ive been watching the handicapping through out the season and its obvious, turn up and run to your ability and you will get a lift, Win and you will come back on your mark, and if you run under ceiling , wether you make the dais or not you will come back as well.
For example Cory Baker who we all know was hard done by at the Bay Sheffield because of Stewarding ran under ceiling, didnt make the final and goes back .75
Jack Doney and Harry Kowal both went under ceiling , neither made the final either , but both go back .25 for Loxton.
I would expect Kowal could be the one this weekend.Even going back .25
If you break ceiling by plenty and make the dais , you would expect a greater penalty.
For example the fact Baker has gone back .75 with out making the final, Cooper Williams and Xavier Poole both made the final and broke ceiling by more so you would expect them to go back 1m,.25 more than Baker.
I think we have got an open transparency handicapping system, and the handicappers who know their game are doing well.
Probably at the moment is , all these expanded handicaps that young athletes have and it will take time to tighten these up.
For example Xavier Poole and Im not taking a pot shot at him , purely using him as an example, is still a pup , can run like a hare and competed in the Bay Sheff off 10.75.How the hell did he get that mark.
Providing you can understand the handicapping system , its fairly easy to work out what your mark should be

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:37 am

StevieBee wrote:You only need to see the handicaps for Loxton and the schedule of events to see they are struggling.

4 heats in the men's yet they preceded to run semis and finals. Take the 4 winners and the next 2 fastest and go straight to the final.  2 heats of the women, are the same 2 heats going to run as the Semis?

A fully independent body needs to be in charge with no active participants is what's needed to fix the SAAL.  You can't have influences who and can actively influence decisions.

To run races to fill the program in not what everyone wants, they would rather to finish earlier.
I would expect there to be a couple of scratchings in the womens so we will get to watch the same girls compete in heats and semis, wow !
The men 4 heats of 6, the lanes cater for 8 , why not 3 heats of 8
Scratchings will see some of these heats go with maybe 4 and 5
Not what people want to see.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:48 pm

From the Chief Steward
In association with the League Executive we have
determined that in future, system derived Semi Finals will NOT be changed
under any circumstance
Im guessing although Loxton womens120m  was heat , semi and final , the semis werent system derived. Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWerewolfOfLoxton Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:00 pm

[quote="SA Whisperer"] turn up and run to your ability and you will get a lift/quote]

That would be nice.

At Port Adelaide, I turned up ... and because the handicapper had given me a random big lift, and the conditions were ideal for me, and I was peeved at the "Digby needs a bullet" mob, and the Chief Steward went for me, and Steve Wilson's jet stream dragged me through at the end, I ran under target time.

And I got hit so hard that even the SAAL appeals panel thought it was too harsh.

And I want to know why the handicapper thought it was okay to hit me so hard that I had zero chance at Loxton.

I can do the sums ... and the handicapper had the nerve to comment on my facebook page that he had set my mark so that I could run 36.7 if I ran as well as at Port Adelaide, by far my best result in years.

And 36.7 is four or five metres behind target time for me.

So why do I keep coming back for more?

Is the old "distance reduction" scam still happening, maybe with a new label and a new load of codswallop?

TheWerewolfOfLoxton

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:24 pm

Hey I will reply to your post in two stages
First, at Pt Adelaide you werent the front marker but quickly passed the front markers with speed and tenacity and ran like a startled gazelle, you did it hard and no, you didnt get any slip stream from Wilson , he only got up to you in the last 20m and was so wide you could have fitted a car between you both.At Loxton you were the front marker , didnt have to work as hard as you did at Port and as soon as you were caught pretty much spat the chewy out, your heart wasnt it.
Second I believe the times at Pt Adelaide were probably 2 secs faster than should be.The basis being that the two athletes who ran in the final the season before both ran 2 secs faster this season.After seeing what happened with times at Brighton in the 70m over 35 and those times are still officially up on the site Im not convinced the times are always correct.Try telling the saal the times arent always correct.
300m over 35 hasnt been conducted at Pt Adel regularly in the past but the two times the event has, the times are poles apart .
The handicapper can only apply the handicaps to the times spat out.

SA Whisperer

TheWerewolfOfLoxton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down