Talking Pros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stawell 2025
SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm by Woodchopper

» Stawell Results
SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm by Thatsthestats

» VALE Keith Douglas
SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 4:44 pm by Todd Ireland

» 2024 Mens Stawell Gift
SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm by Foxcatcher

» Stawell Betting
SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:50 pm by Z Score

» 2024 Ringwood Womens 400m Gift
SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 pm by Deflash

» Should have gone to Specsavers
SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm by Z Score

» Tips in other distances
SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm by Passionate Pete

» 2024 Stawell Womens Gift
SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm by SlowJoe

» Stawell provisional handicaps
SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm by Kicker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

SAAL - What a sad state of affairs!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 Empty Re: SAAL - What a sad state of affairs!

Post by StevieBee Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:03 pm

MaxFly wrote:And judging by the chatter at the gift hotel - The bay unless returned to Colley it, 'll be even less

You didn't even need to be at the After Party to hear the chorus of Vic runners disclaiming that if things don't improve then they aren't going to make an effort especially at Bay. Don't blame them[/quote]

Agree with you mate! You didn't need to be, but I can assure you it was emphasised that high profile stables have booked for Tassie.

Quote of the night.

"The bays lost its magic, the system has failed, and why would we support a corrupt bullying organisation."

I've even been told the phone has been used to entice a number of stables already. And if this is wrong, I'd like the SAAL to tell, and ill retract the above.

StevieBee

Back to top Go down

SAAL - What a sad state of affairs! - Page 2 Empty Re: SAAL - What a sad state of affairs!

Post by Z Score Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:35 pm

The saal is so bullish with people in SA except when it comes to the newspaper NO COMMENT.
So Maxfly and Stevie Bee, Was the saal bullies out in force in person preaching the good word of the saal handicapping system and Glenelg Gift at Stawell or were they obvious by their non existance.
Pretty easy not having to look some one in the eye over the phone.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:18 am

Z Score wrote:The saal is so bullish with people in SA except when it comes to the newspaper NO COMMENT.
So Maxfly and Stevie Bee, Was the saal bullies  out in force in person preaching the good word of the saal handicapping system and Glenelg Gift at Stawell or were they obvious by their non existance.
Pretty easy not having to look some one in the eye over the phone.
Thanks for the PM Stevie, so SAAL did a ghost and Tassie were there signing up.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieBee Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:10 am

As Stevie said! Phones have been called, but from what I've seen, the calls didn't last long. The "old don't contact us. We'll call you.".

But I can say the Tasmanians are a generous bunch!

StevieBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2022 9:49 am

Geez, he sure doesnt like not knowing who is running against him does he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Tue May 31, 2022 2:44 pm

Top Sport wrote:Geez, he sure doesnt like not knowing who is running against him does he?
15. MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
g) Nominations for all positions except the Secretary and Treasurer shall be in writing, signed
by the candidate and their proposer and his/her seconder and shall be lodged with the
Secretary one month prior to the commencement of the Annual General Meeting.
p) The President and two (2) Committee Members shall be elected in each year of an even
number. The Vice President and three (3) Committee Members shall be elected in each
year of an odd number.
Colin is either very smart or very dumb, let you to work it out.
Only 21 days is needed to call an AGM.
So call for an AGM for 22 days later and then its too late for anyone to nominate for any positions, so the current positions continue unnapposed.
Im guess Colin doesnt know the constitution and has shot himself in the foot.
Colin , in case you dont know where to find it in the constitution, I will post it for you and you may want to with draw your proposal.

27e) The required notice for meetings, the person or group who shall call the meeting
and the person responsible to forward the notice of the meeting are set our
hereunder:
i) Annual General Meeting:
a) Subject to this Constitution, the date, time and place of the Annual
General Meeting will be decided by the Committee.
b) The Secretary shall forward the notices of meetings.
c) Notice of not less than twenty-one (21) days shall be given to all
members.
By the way Sherlock , you cant alter your proposal as you need 28 days prior to the AGM for any alteration to the constution.
Cant wait for the constitution ammendant to get read out at the AGM proposed by our president lol! lol!

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Tue May 31, 2022 3:36 pm

Hi Z.S.
So the saal next season could call for the AGM to be held on June 22 and make the announcement on June 1st , calling certain positions open and calling for nominations, BUTTTTTTTTTTTT Colin wants nominations for positions submitted 1 month before the AGM.
Mate that doesnt make sense to me. So Colin wants you to nominate for a position that possibly hasnt been thrown open at an AGM where you dont know when or where it will be held.
Yep agree with you, has clearly not read the constitution in its entirety.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2022 4:56 pm

How incompetent is he?

I like how they and I say "they" Colin and Jenny combined announce the proposed constitution amendments 21 days prior to the AGM from the letter of proposal being the 13th of May or 39 days prior to the AGM

So I have an amendment give it to my "mate" Jenny but dont release it until 21 days prior to the AGM.

Very sneaky! Of course the amendment will clearly need to be removed for voting on for the reason you outlined SA Whisperer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2022 5:22 pm

I'd like to see a constitution change that has in place a NO competition policy should the SAAL fail to provide the appropriate insurance as set out in clause 36 section c) The League shall obtain and maintain appropriate insurance cover of officers, executives, and employees of the League for all risks including professional and officers’ indemnity cover.

I assume this also takes into account officials and volunteers, athletes and coaches also have no insurance cover by the SAAL at any meet the SAAL holds?

Colin did tell us the SAAL has no insurance, it cannot be afforded!

Let it be known it cannot be afforded to NOT have insurance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:56 pm

INDEPENDENT AUDIT REPORT
Surely the A F Chehade who has overseen the audit on this seasons financials is not the A Chehade that has been a very recent treasurer.
As BT would say WOWEE

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:05 pm

NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2022/23 MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
The following nominations have been received to join the Management Committee on a 2-year term:
Colin Rowston (nominated Mark Barnett, seconded Chris Dimitrak)
Sarah Manning (proposed Imogen Nobbs, seconded Courtney Ryder)
Gordon Brimble (proposed Craig Trewartha, seconded Peter Brennan)
Phil Daws (proposed Mark Barnett, seconded Terence Carter)
Attached is a summary from each person to provide information on why they wish to be elected.
Lyn Peake has decided she does not wish to seek re-election. We thank Lyn for her contribution on the Management Committee for the last two years.
So it looks like Colin is going to get a second go at the gig unapposed.
In line with the political scene I think we need to have Sarah Manning on the Committee.
Personally I would like to see Gordon Brimble given a go.
Phil Daws brings nothing new to the table.
Would be good if Colin talks to both Dawes and Brimble and have one of them withdraw or else we could have two officials serving on the committee .
Definately would like to see 1 official and a female athlete on the ciommittee
My two bobs worth anyway.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:13 am

Z Score wrote:
Top Sport wrote:Geez, he sure doesnt like not knowing who is running against him does he?
15. MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
g) Nominations for all positions except the Secretary and Treasurer shall be in writing, signed
by the candidate and their proposer and his/her seconder and shall be lodged with the
Secretary one month prior to the commencement of the Annual General Meeting.
p) The President and two (2) Committee Members shall be elected in each year of an even
number. The Vice President and three (3) Committee Members shall be elected in each
year of an odd number.
Colin is either very smart or very dumb, let you to work it out.
Only 21 days is needed to call an AGM.
So call for an AGM for 22 days later and then its too late for anyone to nominate for any positions, so the current positions continue unnapposed.
Im guess Colin doesnt know the constitution and has shot himself in the foot.
Colin , in case you dont know where to find it in the constitution, I will post it for you and you may want to with draw your proposal.

27e) The required notice for meetings, the person or group who shall call the meeting
and the person responsible to forward the notice of the meeting are set our
hereunder:
i) Annual General Meeting:
a) Subject to this Constitution, the date, time and place of the Annual
General Meeting will be decided by the Committee.
b) The Secretary shall forward the notices of meetings.
c) Notice of not less than twenty-one (21) days shall be given to all
members.
By the way Sherlock , you cant alter your proposal as you need 28 days prior to the AGM for any alteration to the constution.
Cant wait for the constitution ammendant to get read out at the AGM proposed by our president lol!  lol!
So we have had a president in office that doesnt know the constitution and now wants to change the days of nominating because he reads Talking Pros and had made a big boo boo.
Perhaps he should go back and read the constitution again and see that its the president and 3 members up for nomination in an even year.The constitution is a bible and you have to abide by it, so Mr President its 3 members Tuesday night , not 2.
One of those sitting members who thought the seat was safe fuzzy and warm has to stand down or else the committee will be null and void.
But its good that you still read Talking Pros and anytime we are able to help you , let me know.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:16 pm

Hi Zed
So Colin has obviously read it all on T.P. or got told how stupid his first submission was and he had to then put in an alteration.
Just says it all.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:41 pm

Its not so say he doesnt read TP, he says he doesnt but I'm sure he has a run down on what is mentioned.
My understanding is this point had been made to him. I dont have an issue with the 14 days notice, 30 wasnt an option based on an AGM being called at no more than 21 days.
What I would like to see is members have access to the financials at the call of the AGM or no less than 21 days from the AGM in line with notice not being less than 21 days.
Providing the financials at this time would allow those considering nominating for committee roles time to make an informed decision.

Changing section p) is of not much point. If passed, next year the VP and 3 committee are up, which 3 are up? There will be 2 who will have completed the 2 years with 1 other to be chosen to not run the 2 years they are entitled to do. Someone on the committee elected this AGM would have to nominate again next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:12 pm

T.S.
Its not 2 committee members this year as Colin has posted , as per the constitution as Zed says it is threeeeeeeeeee

Colin has it wrong

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:34 pm

I know that, you know that, we all know that, he seems to be oblivious to it?

President and 3 committee are up for nomination this year. Just saying when 3 are up this year and if this amendment is passed it will be 3 next year as well. So Terrance Carter and Craig Trewartha are the 2 up next year, if changed to 3 then who will be the 3rd? Someone elected from the 3 this year will get only 1 year when elected for 2. Therefore it should not be passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:46 am

p) The President and three (3) Committee Members shall be elected in each year of
an even number. The Vice President and two (2) Committee Members shall be
elected in each year of an odd number.
Im not quite sure , what part of the current constitution Colin doesnt understand.
Just leave it as it is, and fix the number of nominations this year.
I would be guessing that Colin wants the constitution changed , so it repairs the the nomination process that has been taking place in the previous couple of years under hie presidency.
Pretty much means that they have been going against the constitution in recent years which is a no , no , does that mean the current committee is null and void and all need to step down.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2