Talking Pros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stawell 2025
Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm by Woodchopper

» Stawell Results
Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 3:57 pm by Thatsthestats

» VALE Keith Douglas
Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 4:44 pm by Todd Ireland

» 2024 Mens Stawell Gift
Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm by Foxcatcher

» Stawell Betting
Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:50 pm by Z Score

» 2024 Ringwood Womens 400m Gift
Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 pm by Deflash

» Should have gone to Specsavers
Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm by Z Score

» Tips in other distances
Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm by Passionate Pete

» 2024 Stawell Womens Gift
Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm by SlowJoe

» Stawell provisional handicaps
Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm by Kicker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Can Sherlock please come on here and explain.

4 posters

Go down

Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. Empty Can Sherlock please come on here and explain.

Post by Z Score Sun May 01, 2022 11:37 am

SAAL’s Annual General Meeting on Tuesday June 21,

BAY SHEFFIELD
A decision on where the 2022 Bay Sheffield Carnival is to be held will be made at the next Management Committee meeting on May 29.

The opportunity to hold the AGM is anywhere between end of April and end of July why June 21st
Why make a decision on the Bay Sheffield 2022 location 3 weeks before the election of a new management committee.Yes just 3 weeks and dont forget the opportunity was there to have the AGM a lot sooner.
Come on here Sherlock and explain why.
I am having this very uneasy feeling that theres a hidden agenda, are people benefitting from an early decision.Please explain it to everyone on Talking pros or we will all have doubts.
None of this NO COMMENT stuff to the newspaper when Belinda resigned , be a man come on out and tell us the reasoning
Until you do everyone will be wondering why especially those from interstate.
Decision has to be made early , thats easy , bring the date of the AGM forward , not rocket science.
Constitution states you needs 21 days notification regarding an AGM , Sherlock the AGM can be held in the week leading up to May 29th meeting with the new management committee. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
Come on here Sherlock and tell us why why why.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. Empty Re: Can Sherlock please come on here and explain.

Post by SA Whisperer Sun May 01, 2022 3:41 pm

Interesting.
Unless Sherlock explains the reasons why, I would be thinking that the instructions are coming from elsewhere or the deal signed with the Glenelg oval was for 3 years and the 2022 needs to get the stamp quickly before a new management committee decides otherwise.
Certainly all as clear as the beer Im drinking.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Can Sherlock please come on here and explain. Empty Re: Can Sherlock please come on here and explain.

Post by StevieBee Mon May 02, 2022 9:20 am

You're not suggesting a deal has already been done?
The rumor doing the traps in the VAL last season was that a deal had been signed, and it reeks like $ for mates.

Now with all good rumors, there's a hint of truth, but SAAL needs to come out and tell me there isn't a deal!.

StevieBee

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Mon May 02, 2022 12:32 pm

Correct Stevie , a rumour is a rumour but sometimes these rumours get legs and very long legs and run fast.
Sherlock reads Talking Pros and we have asked him to come on here and explain why the decision to make a decision on where the Bay Sheff is run is being rushed through 3 weeks before the delayed time of holding the AGM.
Bring the AGM forward.
I think possibly theres been a break down in communications and it hasnt even entered my head that theres something sinister going on , but please come on here and tell the athletics world, why the rush.
Stop these rumours.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Runforit Mon May 02, 2022 12:43 pm

So glass half full from a Victorian! Agree that no decision should be made until after AGM, so would b good to get some transparency. However if you are stuck with venue for this year, but new committee removes your handicapping system I reckon myself and others in squad would strongly consider attending the Bay. Good luck!

Runforit

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Tue May 03, 2022 8:43 am

Hear what you say Runforit, but would you like to win a Stawell sash with the race ran at Ararat.
Its a no brainer , install the val handicapping system, so we have a national hanicapping system so you know what your mark is going to be where ever you race and return the Bay Sheff to Colley.
The athletes will arrive in droves.
SO WHAT IS STOPPING THE SAAL
The rumours keep getting legs as previously mentioned.
We asked Sherlock to come on here and tell us why
nocommentnocommentnocommentnocommentnocommentnocommentnocomment

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieBee Tue May 03, 2022 9:32 am

Z Let's not beat around the bush.
The talk around the VAL at the time was the involvement of a Bay Shef Winner and the Management of the Glenelg Oval. I stress this is here say and I won't mention the name but its not hard to work out. This rumor has been the talk for a long time. It would be great for the president to put it too bed.

Think Sheep Wink

StevieBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Tue May 03, 2022 12:27 pm

Imagine winning the Glenelg gift on Glenelg oval then getting your name put on a paver overlooking Colley Reserve.
Bit like having the Colonel Light statue pointing towards Wild Horse Plains.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2022 6:56 am

Its not good enough by the President to allow a major decision be made prior to him being replaced at the next AGM.
I have been told that it is alleged a signed agreement with GFC has already been done prior to the meeting on the Bay Sheffield way back in Feb despite being told by Colin it hasnt, so which is it?
Anyway they can make the call only to have it revoked by the newly elected committee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Wed May 04, 2022 3:30 pm

So we have an E.O resigning and on the way out highlighting she was hidden from the leagues finances and decision making and we have Sherlock rushing a decision on where the Bay Sheff will be held a few weeks out from the AGM which could have been held much sooner.
You Know What
The truth always comes out , it may not be today, it may not be tomorrow , it may not be the day after that, but the truth always comes out.

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieBee Thu May 05, 2022 8:47 am

Surely he doesn't think his ship is leak proof?
I mean if I know about the deal then the current committee knows about the deal!
You'd think you'd get a statement such as "we've signed a deal for... Year's which will provide..... $ to the league".but we've heard nothing
But this deal stinks like Jobs for Mates! COME ON, President! Want to stop the rumors, then make a bloody statement!

#pissedoffvic

StevieBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Score Thu May 05, 2022 12:12 pm

The President posted on 14/04/22
The SAAL will approach the new
Minister for Sport in SA, Katrine Hildyard, to see if the State Government
would be willing to increase their level of funding for the event. Our Patron,
Bruce McAvaney, has agreed to attend a meeting with Katrine if this can be
arranged
The President posted
BAY SHEFFIELD
A decision on where the 2022 Bay Sheffield Carnival is to be held will be made at the next Management Committee meeting on May 29.
So as far as I am aware no meeting with the Minister for Sport in SA has been arranged, but a meeting to decide where the 2022 Bay Sheffield has , without knowing how much level of funding is available.
Also I think the Minister of Sport has a few more more important issues to attend to without deciding what level of funding to give a saal full of inuendo and rumours.
The Minister has only been in office for just over a month and I think she needs to direct her attention to those that really need it and deserve it.To give those people in Vic and idea of her portfolio , it is listed below .I feel absolutely disgusted as a SA resident that the saal is knocking on her door for a handout in her first weeks.
The Hon KATRINE ANNE HILDYARD, BA, MP
Minister for Child Protection
Minister for Women and the Prevention of Domestic and Family Violence
Minister for Recreation, Sport and Racing
Member of Executive Council

Z Score

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Whisperer Thu May 05, 2022 3:17 pm

Z Score wrote:The President posted on 14/04/22
Our Patron,
Bruce McAvaney, has agreed to attend a meeting with Katrine if this can be
arranged
Wouldnt you involve the ambassador as well , mozzie, cozzie whatever his name is.

SA Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down